Pages

2.14.2012

The New Mobile Class and Managed Services


Last year, I subscribed to Dropbox and Box.net. My primary reason was the ability to send documents to the cloud and access them from my TouchPad anywhere in the world.

This worked great.

I created a master blog article at night, then reviewed it, finalized it, and sent it from 10,000 feet in the air the next morning. (Mile High Club – sweet!) And there is more: I didn’t need to “send” the file as an attachment; I simply shared the folder with my editor.

When she opens the file or document, I am notified. When she needs a new contract initialed, instead of emailing me a 12-page PDF, she simply drops the file into our shared folder, and the cloud notifies me of the new document. Revisions, digital signatures, and final drafts are all handled from a tablet. Even the final “print” is on a website, not ink on paper.

And I know I don’t need to point out how much paper was not used in this workflow, do I?
For the rest of the story, go here...

1 comments:

Twas a good story. Through this kind of process you can really save ink and paper. This is a new innovative that we must adapt in order not to be left behind by the dynamic change of technology.